Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Dining Set

I got this dining set today after spending a few weeks searching on Craigslist and the local furniture stores. This was a floor model on sale. And, just in time too. Andy and Dorinda are arriving on Saturday and they are probably expecting to have an occasional meal. I had sold the dining set I bought in 1989 when I moved last year. It was a brass base with glass top. The brass on the chairs had turned black which one might have thought was the style rather than the age. So, it would have been time for a new set anyway - after 17 years. This is Prairie View dark oak. You can Google that and see some of the other pieces. This is 42" x 60" and the top pulls apart to reveal a flip up leaf that extends it to 78".
Click to enlarge. BTW - this is a stock photo, not my dining room.

1 comment:

Rob, Melissa, Luke & Joel Green said...

Much better than the glass/brass ensemble!