Friday, January 19, 2007

ARRIVED!

I arrived in California at 4 PM PST today. Most of the entire trip was in cold rain. When I left Andy & Dorinda's on Monday it was raining all through PA but overcast and mostly dry down through the backbone of Virginia and into North Carrolina. The trip from North Carolina to Houston on Tuesday took about 14.5 hours and was mostly rain, heavy at times. When I left Houston on Thursday it was raining. The freezing rain was in the north of Houston. When I got to San Antonio there was ice covering the trees and big icicles hanging from the the street signs. There was a lot of ice piled on the sides of the freeway. When I left Las Cruces, New Mexico at 5 AM on Friday it was raining and 34 degrees over the Continental Divide. It rained heavy all the way through Phoenix and across the California border. When I got to Orange County this afternoon, it was sunny and 70 degrees. I'm a little dazed right now. My furniture arrives tomorrow morning.

Many thanks to Andy & Dorinda for the room on Sunday night. Sorry for the short visit. The visit with mom's friend from Sumatra on Monday evening was very rewarding. Part of the letting go process. Also, many thanks to Melissa and Rob for the room on Tuesday and Wednesday night and for the wonderful tour of NASA. A new chapter now begins and I place my trust in God for what the future brings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

John welcome home my B.F.A.M.

I thought I heard the sonic boom when you entered the California state line on the 19th. It looks like you will be rooted in now that you made the BIG purchase. You can put all those new skill sets to use. Mr.ToolTime! If you need anything neighbor just call.

PS:When's the house warming party??

Anonymous said...

Welcome home my B.F.A.M

I thought I heard the sonic boom when you passed the state line of California on the 19th. Well it looks like your rooted in now that you made the BIG purcahse. You can put all those new skill sets that you acquired in the last year to work "Julio" AKA:Mr.ToolTome Rumboldfish! If you need anything neighbor. JUST HOLLAR!

PS: Whens the house warming party?? Free Beer & Food : )