Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year's at Elmcroft

George and Barbara spent New Year with me at Elmcroft. On New Years Eve Bruce and Mary came over for dinner. Dick Strong and Maryanne stopped by for a brief visit. During the evening we watched Laurel and Hardy in March of the Wooden Soldiers on DVD. We also watched the home movies that I had converted to DVD. We were surprised to find two clips of movies from Sumatra in the early 1930's. There are scenes from Lake Toba, Berstagi, and the plantation in Kisaren. Quite a treasure. I will have additional copies made to distribute. The remainder of the clips are family vacations to Maine, Cape Cod, Coumbia Lake in Connecticut, and many clips from Elmcroft. Many of them are in very poor condition from water damage.

On New Years Day George, Barbara and I viewed all of the 35mm slides and sorted about 400 as keepers. Once I catalog them, they will be sent out for scanning so they can be shared with the family. Karen, Doug, Rachel. Emely and Jacob came over for lunch and the kids tore up the house - something my mom loved. I guess this will be the very last gathering. A sad ending and new beginnings.

2 comments:

. said...

Can't wait to see the movies and slides!

Happy New Years!

Anonymous said...

Are you making copies of the movies and pictures for all of us?
Laurie